Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Go down

Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Your name is Alice Amsel, and you are, as per usual, sitting in your bedroom, on your laptop.

Your bedroom isn't terribly indicative of your INTERESTS at a first glance, but you guess it's probably more interesting to talk about than mindlessly scrolling through BUBBLR, which is what you're doing on your laptop currently. Honestly, this self-introduction thing is kind of awkward, you're really not very good at talking about yourself. You like to draw, and would consider yourself SOMETHING OF AN ARTIST. You also enjoy VIDEO GAMES, though aside from Pokemon and a select few others, you're not actually that great at them. A notable exception is DARK BARNACLE: THE PAMPERING, through which you have met most of your current group of friends. You love the crap out of this game, but lately you have been less excited by it. Probably because of an EXCITING NEW GAME coming out that you've been waiting for. It's gonna be awesome. You also take a particular interest in FANTASY AND SCIENCE-FICTION, particularly URBAN FANTASY AND CYBERPUNK SCENARIOS, but in the end, you're really not that picky. At the end of the day, you really just spend most of your time at your computer, whether that's playing video games with your friends, any of your other INTERESTS, or just plain lurking.

Your chumhandle is cheshireSmiling, and you type in a matter that is somewhat rushed adn carelss.

What will you do?
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:15 am

> Alice: Dick around in the Dark Barnacle memo.

You succeed spectacularly.

You're not really sure how one can succeed spectacularly at socializing. But apparently that is a thing that you just did, so. Good job on that. Well done.
That is the dumbest thing you have ever congratulated yourself on.

You would prepare for this pirate raid you are apparently going on, but you're not sure how much better your character really needs to get. You're already pretty good, considering your level. Austin would probably disagree with you, but you don't really care about that so much.

> Alice: Get pestered.

That's probably pretty good timing, you were going to start to get very bored, very quickly.

Looks like TG wants to have a word with you. You're not really sure what she's actually saying about half the time, but you have given up on being confused by her attempts at trolling/jokes?/flirtation???? and have moved on to messing with her. It is way more fun.

-- Show Pesterlog --

Yep. Way more fun.
You close that window, with a vague sense of self-satisfaction, and are only given a few moments of quiet before someone else is pestering you.

Gosh, you knew you were cool, but you didn't think you were THAT cool. So, which tool is talking to you this time?

> Alice: Answer Andrea.

-- Show Pesterlog --

Okay, Andrea is not any kind of tool. You would feel bad about calling her one, even if only in your semi-aware narration, but you're pretty sure she would understand. And then call you one, too. That's kind of how friendship with you works. Apparently, best friendship is that, plus sharing a life-sized cardboard cutout of a fictional character.

Last time you got Togami from her, there was the addition of a few extra lipstick stains. You're not sure if you should blame Andrea or Evelyn for that. You don't really want to think about some of their placement, either.

Thankfully, you don't have to look at him anymore. You shipped him off to Andrea the other day for her birthday, which just so happens to be tomorrow.

What will you do?
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:00 pm

> Alice: Engage in a long series of ultimately hilarious Sylladex-related shenanigans for the entertainment of a hypothetical reader.

See, it's exactly reasons like that why you switched out your old Fetch Modus. Sure, it was funny once or twice, but there are only so many times you can accidentally send half a sylladex full of art supplies hurtling at a teacher before you figure it's time to switch.

Wallet might be the boring option, and weaponizing it is completely out of the question, but it's not like you get into strifes often. Nor do you particularly enjoy the thought of adding a minigame just to rifle through your belongings. You'd much prefer to keep things simple, and it doesn't get much simpler than that.

> At least take a quick inventory.

See, you can do that now without ruining your room! Isn't it so much better when you keep things simple?

The answer is yes.

Anyways, the contents of your WALLET MODUS is currently:
- One NINTENDO DSi, with a copy of POKEMON BLACK 2 inside.
- A small assortment of SKETCHBOOKS in varying degrees of completion.
- A pencil holder, full of assorted PENS AND PENCILS. You really only use a couple of these, but you like having the options.
- Your CELL PHONE.
Along with two empty cards. One of these is generally reserved for your LAPTOP when you go out, and the other tends to stay empty.

You think you've wasted quite enough time on things you already know. It's time to go back to the things that are REALLY important. The things that preoccupy your mind and make your days interesting.

You return to gently antagonizing your friends on the Dark Barnacle memo.

> Get Pestered. Again.

Or maybe not so gently. Austin seems to have taken your calling him an 'egregious cock' as a cue to pester you, in any case. Might as well see what he has to say about it.

-- Show Pesterlog --

Well.

That was a good deal more antagonistic than you had planned. You kind of hope he isn't actually that offended. You'd really prefer avoiding having to explain that insults are how you show affection. That involves telling your friends there is affection. You have a reputation to uphold, after all.

(No you don't.)

You don't get a whole lot of time to think about that, though, because suddenly, TG is pestering you again. That's probably a good thing, you were almost starting to feel like a dick. Maybe she can distract you from that.

-- Show Pesterlog --

TG never disappoints, does she? You get so distracted by this conversation that you almost forget entirely about feeling bad. It's for the best, really. Guilt is a terrible color on you.

You are feeling much better about that when Andrea pesters you again.

-- Show Pesterlog --

Wow, how dare she. You thought the two of you had something special. You're so upset now, you may actually cry.

No, not really. You are, however, going to see whatever it is that your mother wants.
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:32 am

> Alice: Strife?

Maybe at one point, being called downstairs by your mother would have led to a strife. But that was back when you were younger and more energetic. And then, again when you were 12  and went through your stupid rebellious phase. You don't really have any reason to fight with her anymore, the two of you have an excellent, if maybe a little strained at times, relationship.

Not to mention, it hasn't really been fun to strife with her for a very long time. Her Needlekind may have been threatening to you when you were just a little girl, but ever since you set your own specibus, she hasn't really been a challenge. You've been stronger than her for ages, and putting her flimsy knitting needles against your staff isn't really any kind of contest.

Now, when she calls you down, it is probably just for dinner.

You sit down and have a nice, quiet meal with your mother. She asks about your day, and you talk about what you've been up to, little as it is. You laugh (and complain) about your friends (she tells you to apologize to Austin. Damn it, you had almost forgotten about that) and talk about whatever miscellany comes to mind until you decide to head back upstairs.

When you get back to your computer, Jeff's left you a message. You should see what he wants.

> Alice: Answer chum

-- Show Pesterlog --

Wow. What an absolute cock wrangler.

Oh god, and here he goes again. You are so going to block his shit.

--Show Pesterlog --

Okay, no. You are not going to block Jeff. In fact, you are going to hug the absolute shit out of Jeff. You are so psyched the get back in DB and check out all this sweet loot he gave you. You are going to be kicking so much ass at this raid thing you guys are doing tonight. It is going to be so awesome.

Though, that does remind you that you were told to apologize to Austin. You really hope it's not actually needed, you're pretty sure most of your friends are harder to offend than that. Or, at least, that they know you well enough to know that your insults are usually just the closest to affection as you get. Your mom keeps telling you that you need to work on that whole "incapable of positive social interaction" thing, but it's just so hard. Fuck, you really hope he's not actually pissed. But what if he is? Oh, shit, you might have just really fucked up. Ugh, alright, you're going to apologize.

You fucking hate apologizing.
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:03 am

> Alice: Apologize.

Okay, okay. You can do this. He's online, you've just gotta click on his handle and see what you can do. It'll go fine.

-- Show Pesterlog --

No, nope. No. No, this is not worth it. Austin is a rampant bag of cocks and he doesn't need your apology and NO YOU MADE UP YOUR MIND YOU'RE GOING TO DO THIS.

-- Show Pesterlog --

Somewhere in the middle of this train wreck, Jeff begins pestering you. It's for the best, really, Austin's flippant dismissal of what honestly was your attempt at a real apology was kind of starting to drag you down.

-- Show Pesterlog --

What was supposed to be a quick apology becomes a horrible, never-ending condescend-off, and yet somehow by the end of it, you are actually feeling pretty alright with it. You suppose you can live with that just being how your relationship with him works.

Not that you aren't still going to absolutely ruin his shit when it comes to playing SBURB.
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:22 pm

> Prepare for raid.

Now that you've got all of that out of the way, you can finally put the time into getting yourself ready for the raid tonight. Maybe you're excited over this new SBURB thing, but you still don't really have to think about that until tomorrow.

For now, you start up Dark Barnacle. For as much shit as you give Austin, you really do love this game, flaws and all. Sure, sometimes you have to make up your own translations of what the NPC's are saying, and there are a couple things that are flat out indecipherable, and that's got nothing to do with the Korean, but it is a legitimately fun game. Besides, it's how you met most of your friends, and you have kind of a hard time thinking too poorly of something with that kind of sentimental value. Not to mention, you currently have an inbox full of sick new gear, courtesy of Jeff. There's also the customary piles of complete junk from TG, but at this point you pretty much just count that as free money.

You put on the new armor, and decide to spend the time until the raid is supposed to start testing it out. Testing it out, as it turns out, in this case means more along the lines of "grind until raid-time." You were pretty close to your next exfoliatier anyways, you might as well take the time to break it.

> Get interrupted. Again.

Oh, jeez, you'd totally forgotten you had Pesterchum open. TG's pester interrupts a really sweet thing you were setting up, but you're pretty sure it was going to wind up being overkill anyways. Anything in the area will be dead soon anyways, so you take a minute to chat with her.

-- Show Pesterlog --

What? No. No, nope, nah, you don't think so. You are almost violent in your closing of that window, you do not even kind of understand why that is an impression she had and WHAT THE FUCK WHAT DOES JEFF WANT THIS TIME.

-- Show Pesterlog --

Y'know, for someone who is apparently dating half of your friend group, you sure are not fucking getting any.

Whatever, it's almost time for the raid to start. You head off to meet Lily and the others.

> Raid!

-- Show Raidlog --
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:58 pm

> Go to sleep.

Barring some interpersonal difficulty towards the beginning (thanks a ton, TG) it was a successful raid. All in all, you can only consider this day a success. But, now it is getting late. Most of your friends have already logged out and are probably getting to sleep, and you know you should be following in their example. But the night is still young, and the internet is still there, and despite the fact that you are getting tired, you still find yourself wandering the internet, instead.

Okay, you actually just got a look at the time, and you're definitely just going to bed now. At least, as soon as you've checked the tracking number on your copy of Sburb.

Dammit, you're still pissed that Austin got it before you did. Fucker doesn't even care about the game.

> Get hype.

Oh, you are so on top of that. You see the package, listed as in your hometown, and know it will be shipped to you in the morning. You still don't know much of anything about the game, but nothing about that dampens your excitement.

Man, now you've gotta get to bed. The longer you're awake, the longer it's going to seem like it takes before the game is in your hands.

> Okay, NOW go to sleep.

As usual, it takes you a minute after laying down to finally get to sleep. With nothing to distract you, you are left with nothing but your thoughts, and stare out of your window while you wait to drift off.

You have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a very long day.
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:53 am

Your name is ALICE AMSEL, and- wait, didn't you do this whole self-introduction thing yesterday? You're pretty sure you don't need to go through that whole song and dance again. To be honest, you're not really in the mood. It's got nothing to do with the fact that you just woke up, either. That's normally a pretty quick process for you. It has more to do with the creeping feeling of unease that started before you fell asleep last night, and has continued until now.

You had a feeling, last night, that today was going to be a very long day, and that feeling has gone nowhere. The sky is grey and dreary, and your mood seems like it's going to be reflecting that. You watch the street from your winow, not really wanting to get up just yet, watching as the mailman makes his rounds-

Wait.

Mailman.

Your package!

You don't even remember why you were feeling so goddamn melancholy, today is obviously going to be great. You throw off your blankets and rush downstairs, greeting your mother in passing on your way to grab the handful of envelopes and sort through them. You're surprised to find one just one, but two envelopes in the pile with your name on them, and you take them both back upstairs to look at them immediately, holy shit you are so excited.

> Install Game

Hold on, hold on! You gotta do these things patiently, you know. First, you have to look at every piece of information they gave you about this game. You gotta know EXACTLY what to do with hahahaha yeah like fuck you're gonna read the instructions. You just want to see if there's any art or screenshots or what have you included with the games.

What you're actually going to do is open up a new memo and brag. You're the best.

It really does just look like it's just the two discs, however. You really hope you don't have to mess around with the 'server' disc, you don't really have any interest in working on anything like that. Still, you never know, maybe there's something necessary about that extra disc. What the hell, you'll install it anyways.

Looks like that might be a little while. You might as well see if anyone else has said anything about the game, yet. You're pretty sure you're not early enough that someone else isn't talking about it, at least a little.

> Trawl internet for Sburb-related info

Aside from speculation, it doesn't really look like there's much of anything about the game. Just like the last time you looked it up. There are a few references to the Gamebro or Gamegrl articles, a few blogs and the like speculating... Nothing really that exciting. You keep reading out of idle curiosity while you keep up with the memo.

You start seeing a couple of posts that border on the completely bizarre. They seem to all be pretty much saying the same thing, but what any of it actually means, you can't really tell. Maybe they've got something to do with the plot?

Wow, must be a pretty well-written game to be getting these people this wound up about it. It sounds like they're legitimately scared for their lives!

Oh, hey. Your install's finished!

> Start Game

You and Andrea are going to wreck the shit out of this game, you do not even understand.

Wait, what the fuck was that sound?
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  cheshireSmiling on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:26 pm

> Investigate Noise

It seemed pretty far off, you're not sure there's much you'd be able to investigate about it, at this point. Even so, you still knock on your mother's door to ask if she heard it. It would be hard for her not to, but maybe she's got a better idea of what the hell it is.

All she really has to say about it is that she hopes it doesn't hurt anybody, or get in the way of your godmother coming to visit today.

Oh, right. You'd forgotten she was supposed to be coming over today. You'd better try out this new game quick, or you won't get to play much at all today.

> Return to computer.

You sit back down at your computer, ready to turn on the game and play as much as you can before Karla arrives. Before you can get it started up, though, someone interrupts you with a pester.

-- View Pesterlog --

What a pain in the ass. You close that window, and almost immediately open up one with Andrea. You are going to play the hell out of this game, guide or not. TG can suck a dick.

> Play Sburb

-- View Pesterlog --

You're not really sure what the fuck you just did. What you DO know, however, is that the explosions are getting steadily louder, and you're beginning to hear sounds of distress on top of that. You make a quick post in the memo, and are about to leave to investigate further when you're pestered again.

Huh. You really don't hear from Isaac much. That's different.

-- View Pesterlog --

You really don't feel like you explained that as well as you could have. You probably should have been paying more attention to what anything was called. But you have more important things to do right now. Right now, you have to DEFEND YOUR HONOR.

-- View Pesterlog --

By "defend your honor" you mean "be kind of a shit to Austin." They're practically the same thing.

> Investigate those explosions!

Right! You were actually doing something important! The vague sounds of distress from your mother have increased, and you practically slam your laptop shut to go investigate. She is standing just outside the door when you find her, staring up at the sky from the porch. Another explosion sounds, and you can guess why.

From where you stand, you can see meteors falling from the sky. You've watched meteor showers before, but that never even came close to comparing to what you are watching now. You're not just seeing streaks of light as they burn in the atmosphere, you are actually seeing the rocks themselves, and you are terrified. You urge your mother to come inside - not that you imagine it'll do much good, the steady increase in the noise does not give you particularly optimisic ideas for your ability to survive. She stays where she is, says she's going to wait for your godmother to arrive.

You don't think you'll be able to change her mind.

> Inform Friends

Might as well. You re-open your laptop, open up the memo, and try to tell them what's going on.
avatar
cheshireSmiling

Posts : 123
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 26

View user profile http://cheshiresmiling.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Your name is ALICE AMSEL...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum